Week 8

     This week I read about overcoming things. Since reading the book, "Mastery" I have realized that I am an obsessor. I don't think I'm quite as self-destructive yet but I do tend to be very afraid of failure and seek after the perfect idea, the perfect business plan, etc. I'm not often willing to settle for less but I also don't like to take risks. In my family life, I have been feeling like bad things just keep happening but I loved the video by Jeffrey R. Holland about the family and the car. The car breaks down many times as they try to reach their destination. It reminded me that I'm just on a journey and that it won't always be this bumpy but when it is, I need to surround myself with people that will cheer me on and offer help. I need some motivation to not be so angry about it all the time. I need to let it go and enjoy the moments I have, even if they aren't perfect or what I expected. 

    Perfectionism is such an interesting struggle because it is impossible to attain and even though everyone knows that or at least most recognize that we can't achieve perfection all the time, somehow we still seek to attain it and put a very heavy pressure on ourselves that leads to less perfection because we take short cuts or get angry and give up on any progress. I know many including myself don't set ourselves up for success. The videos and reading this week reminded me that I am doing enough. I am doing great even and the path is bumpy and hard. It will be okay and it makes me a stronger person. It may take me longer to get to the place I want to be, including as an entrepreneur, but I can trust in God's timing, and in myself to not be perfect but to be able to overcome. 

1. Thomas S. Monson, "Good Things to Come", W08 BUS 110, BYUi (www.byui.edu : accessed 13 June 2024). 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 7

Week 1

Week 12