Week 2

     This week we learned about a Life Bucket List and we talked a lot about using steppingstones and ethical guardrails to get to your dream job even if you don't start there. I especially loved the articles on creating a life of meaning and prioritizing what matters most so you can eventually get to what you want. I think patience is hard for people. I also think flexibility is important to success because plans and dreams change and the way to get to a dream always can shift so being able to work with what God has given you is equally important.

     I really liked the article about "Treating Life like an Experiment" by Randy Pausch.1 I loved the point made that we have to be willing to make mistakes and try again. We won't get it right the first time, the second time, or even the third. Many efforts are required to becoming the person we want to be or finding the success we are seeking. If those didn't happen, plans wouldn't be perfected or improved upon either.  I am trying to be an enduring human that is not afraid of failure but I am not and I imagine I wont be great at it every day but I think if I focus on it a little every day over time, it will make a big difference and I won't feel as worried about what others think of me. Experimenting is an important part of life. 

1. Randy Pausch, "Treating Life like an Experiment", BYUi (https://byui.instructure.com/courses/290570/pages/w02-study-create-a-life-of-meaning?module_item_id=34788092 : accessed 30 April 2024), BUS110 W02. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 1

Week 3